If you currently have a vending machine business and would like to sell...
the following are some suggestions to help.
How can I sell my vending business route?
We have written a simple how- step by step. Yes, you can sell your vending business quickly and get the asking price that you deserve. **We advise that you seek professional counsel when selling a business- such as a lawyer, attorney, certified public accountant, notary public.
**Many people are looking to buy a vending route for various reasons. Such as: just got laid off current job, wife needs a part time job, they need extra money, they just got a divorce and lost your job, they want to start a family owned business, etc.
Use this check list to help you successfully sell your vending business.
Whether you have a Vending Business consisting of these type of vending machines: Snack, Soda, Coffee, Gumball vending route, Energy Drinks, Healthy Vending Machines, Bulk Vending routes, combo Snack and Soda for
small locations, DVD vending machines and/or a massage chair route the steps are basically the same.
GATHER THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND PUT IN NOTEBOOK-PRESENTATION FORMAT:
1) How long has your business been established?
2) Name of Company, were main office located?
3) Where are each of the locations? What Cities and Addresses? - What type of machines are on each location, and preferably how much revenue each machine generates per month. (Documenting each machine's serial numbers, brand type, and mechanical specifics).
4) Grand total the Gross amount of sales revenue generated each month of all vending machines (The gross amount is the total amount of money collected before any expenses). The Net amount is the total amount of money left after expenses are deducted. Now calculate the annual (yearly) Gross amount of revenue and the Net annual $ amount of your entire Vending Business Route for sale.
5) Determine the Sale price. The national average rate to determine the sale price for a vending machine route is 70-100% of the Gross annual sales. (100% if all machines are 2 years or newer, with warranties- higher value).
Then Add on for extras such as established routes over 5 years; vehicles, cars or vans, Extra equipment like dollies, coin mechs, changers parts, vendible products and office supplies.
6) How long are you willing to "train" this buyer to run the business? This will depend on the persons experience in vending and how large the vending business route is. Plan on any where from 2 days to 2 weeks. Some buyers want to walk through all locations and view the machines and talk to managers before they buy. Some buyers don't need the personal walk through, as long as all the locations are documented in your buy/sell agreement.
7) You can purchase a Buy/Sell Business Agreement at your local Office Max or Office Depot in the business for section.- Then just fill in the banks. You and the buyer then sign agreement and have a notary public stamp the document, just as you would when buying a car.
8) Buyer pays upfront for The Vending Business Route, by Money Order, or Cashiers Check. If you accept a Personal Check, wait for the check to clear the bank before you hand over the keys to the business. If the buyer needs assistance in financing, there are Vending Business Financing companies to contact listed on: http://www.vendingconnection.com/vendequipfinancing.html
9) Now you are ready to Advertise your Route for sale online!!
We have calls daily from people wanting to purchase established vending routes, we can help you write an ad.
Place an ad on VendingConnection.com's Vending Routes For Sale webpage for only $95 per month!
The AD includes Includes 100 words and a photo, phone, fax and email link.
Go to: www.vendingconnection.com/vendingroutesforsale.html, post your ad online o
r contact us direct and we can help you...
Call 1-800-956-8363. email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to sell your vending business.
***Smaller routes usually sell within one month - routes selling for 20,000 or less do sell within one month!!
***Larger Routes usually sell within 2 to 3 months.
Wishing you much success,
Karen Scott - VP of Marketing & Sales
Linda Marselli - President/Owner/Author
We have gathered this information as public knowledge, and advise that you seek professional counsel when selling a business- such as a lawyer, attorney, certified public accountant, notary public.
Want to start your very own vending business? Order and READ The Vending Start-Up Kit now!